Preparing for Surgery
Minimally Invasive Procedures
Patient Information for Pre-Operative and Post-Operative Care
At Our Outpatient Surgery Center
Tips Prior to Surgery
- Transportation - for your safety and comfort, you will not be permitted to leave the Surgery Center alone. You must be escorted by an adult.
- Arrival Time - Please arrive at least one hour before your scheduled procedure time.
- Consent Form - It must be signed prior to treatment and a parent or legal guardian must accompany patients under the age of 18.
- Food & Beverage - Do not eat food or drink fluids (including water) after midnight the evening before your procedure.
- Medication - Follow your physician's directions. Bring a list of all your medications for review by the anesthesiologist.
- Smoking - You should stop smoking 72 hours prior to your procedure.
- Women - Please notify the surgeon and staff if there is a possibility that you are pregnant.
Patient Instructions for the Day of Surgery
- Bath or shower the morning of your procedure to minimize the chance of infection.
- Please remove all make-up and nail polish.
- Wear loose, casual clothing and low heeled shoes.
- Please leave all jewelry and other valuables at home. The surgical center is not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
Patient Instructions for after the Surgical Procedure
- After your procedure, you will be moved to our state-of-the-are recovery room and monitored by our staff until you are ready to go home. Most patients are discharged within two hours of their procedure.
- Your surgeon will provide instructions regarding diet, rest, and medications. In the event of any difficulty, you should call us directly at 626-457-6333.
- If you received anesthesia, you should not drive, drink alcoholic beverage or sign legal documents for 24 hours.