Preparing for Surgery
Minimally Invasive Procedures
Patient Information for Pre-Operative and Post-Operative Care At Our Outpatient Surgery Center
Tips Prior to Surgery
- Transportation - for your safety and comfort, you will not be permitted to leave the Surgery Center alone. You must be escorted by an adult.
- Arrival Time - Please arrive at least one hour before your scheduled procedure time.
- Consent Form - It must be signed prior to treatment and a parent or legal guardian must accompany patients under the age of 18.
- Food & Beverage - Do not eat food or drink fluids (including water) after midnight the evening before your procedure.
- Medication - Follow your physician's directions. Bring a list of all your medications for review by the anesthesiologist.
- Smoking - You should stop smoking 72 hours prior to your procedure.
- Women - Please notify the surgeon and staff if there is a possibility that you are pregnant.
Patient Instructions for the Day of Surgery
- Bath or shower the morning of your procedure to minimize the chance of infection.
- Please remove all make-up and nail polish.
- Wear loose, casual clothing and low heeled shoes.
- Please leave all jewelry and other valuables at home. The surgical center is not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
Patient Instructions for after the Surgical Procedure
- After your procedure, you will be moved to our state-of-the-are recovery room and monitored by our staff until you are ready to go home. Most patients are discharged within two hours of their procedure.
- Your surgeon will provide instructions regarding diet, rest, and medications. In the event of any difficulty, you should call us directly at 626-457-6333.
- If you received anesthesia, you should not drive, drink alcoholic beverage or sign legal documents for 24 hours.
We understand in today's world, it is important to provide our patients with options to help reduce the economic burden of high medical costs.
As a result, we have developed a discounted global rate program for cash payments. These rates include the medical provider, facility and anesthesia costs.
If you are interested, please call Suzette B. Rivera at 626-290-8383.